Sunday, June 5, 2011

Boxx News!

Yep... it's the Boxx newsletter time again and it's full of lots of goodies!  Pop over and check out the new Boxx of Scraps Kit and the Book of You.... sensational!

I was up for the DT challenge this month, which was to scrap a layout using the title theme "I am".  Considering i pulled out those wedding photos, scanned and printed a tonne of them, it seemed the perfect opportunity to do this one:

{I am... still in love}



... and, i asked another DT member, the fabulously talented Leanne Jago, to put up the sketch challenge this month... just to get another perspective.  This is Leanne's sketch:
and her layout:



...and I even had an upside down go at this one myself too  :)...

{our day}


sorry.... more wedding photos!!:




I loved having a go at this sketch.  It really forced me out of my comfort zone to get inventive and work on my design and not fall into the same design rut.  Thanks LJ... head on over and upload your layout to the sketch challenge thread this month! 

Oh... and if i haven't visited in a couple of weeks.... i's soooo sorry!! It's not because i haven't been trying!  These blogger problems seem to still be persisting with me.  I can't leave any comments on blogs that have their comments embedded at the end of the post... only those with 'full page' or 'pop up' options selected as a comment setting.  Is any one else noticing that particular distinction, or is it only me!?

On the family front.. the flu totally knocked us all over this last week, but we seem to be on the mend now.  Lachy's chest seems better and he is off his antibiotics now, so hopefully his 'digestive issues' will settle down too (uuuughh!).  We are all still coughing and sniffing (but of course 'Troy's Man Flu' is far worse than anybody's... men!! hehehe), but the aches and pains seem to have dissappeared, thankfully.  Still can't hear or taste anything though... hate that! 

Hope this flu season hasn't cught up with you, although it appears that half the planet is suffering at the moment...

hugs and thanks for stopping by,

jules
x

8 comments:

Leanne J said...

ahh..the MAN flu.. it is SOoo much worse than anyone else.. totally get that..
anyho. yay on both of these they are superbly amazing..and i hope you dont mind but i put your take on the sketch on my blog as well..just email me if you want me to take it down..
anyho.. love your WORK and i hope this week is a better one for you >>>>>>>>>_____<<<<<<<<<
lots of sugar..lj

Her Essential Hand said...

so great to read that your all recovering from the flu - it just seems to be everywhere, guess its that time of the year too :(
totally utterly in l o v e with those pages. I have jsut sat and looked and looked and looooked at the detail and design.. you sure are amazing! total inspiration!
have a great week x

Unknown said...

Hehehe...the man flu...tell me about it..its like they are dying!! Glad to hear you are all on the mend tho and OH MY GOODNESS those layouts are just so so so so STUNNING!!!! They take my breath away! Take care and have a good week HUGS :))xx

Unknown said...

jules..you are so talented...so soft looking with the pastel colours....thanks for stopping by my blog

Cathy said...

WOW Jules.. absolutely DIVINE LO's so soft and dreamy.. loving the wedding pics!! So glad to hear you are all on the mend!! hugs :)))

Mel said...

Oh wow, stunning, magnificent, words cannot describe. I love everything and you inspire me so much. I have been on my own since Nate was conceived but have a 4 yr old Man and we have chest infections here....omg it is a man thing built into them from birth, because he is dying honestly.....he cannot even get up to get a drink of water....but as usual we have to soldier on...I love your gorgeous work, hope it gets better on the sickness front if not for your sanity.lol Love Melxx

Christine said...

Wow! Love your pages, those wedding pics are gorgeous. I've never scrapped any of mine!

Hope your fam gets better real soon!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

I'm sorry the flu hit you and your family, glad to hear you're on the mend. These layouts are FABULOUS!! LOVE Leanne's sketch and her layout too. And I am really enjoying seeing these wedding photos!